Veteran Support Officer – Job Opening 6th Nov 2020
Veteran Support Officer- Job Description
|Position Title||Veteran Support Officer|
|Programme:||Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann (ONE) Veteran Support Officer|
|The Employer||The primary objective of Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann is to ensure the welfare of ex-service personnel by way of providing accommodation to homeless, elderly or disabled members in need of such domestic accommodation and shelter and other assistance that may be required.
ONE is a registered charity.
Peer support, is part of a range of veteran support services available for all who served, at any level.
ONE recognises that in order to maintain and develop a world class Veteran Support Centres, we need to be proactive in empowering veterans.
|Full Time 38.5 Hours per week
|Contracts & Location||1 Year Contract (renewable subject to funding) Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann, Brú na bhFiann, Smithfield, Dublin 7|
|To provide a critical service in our residential services and Veteran Support Centres to veterans experiencing difficulties. Many come to ONE with depression, disabilities, PTSD, or having suffered family breakdowns, with little support to call on.
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an inclusive approach working with veteran’s complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best outcome for those we work for.
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer, Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann|
· To observe all Health and Safety policies of the organisation and to be involved in continual quality improvement.
· To provide training in skills and theory appropriate to best practice as required.
· Professional Qualification in Counselling/Psychotherapy of at least 3 years Diploma Standard recognised by a relevant professional body such as IACP .
· Professional Qualification in Counselling Psychology from Accredited Training School recognised by a relevant professional body within the Irish Council of Psychotherapy (ICP) or PSI.
· A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of managing a case load under supervision.
First Aid, CPR, AED
|Applicants should send their CV (2 pages max) & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to email@example.com or send it to Human Resources Dept., Óglaigh Náisiúnta Na hÉireann, Brú na bhFiann, Smithfield Market, North King Street, Dublin 7, Ireland
Closing date for applications will be the 30th November 2020 and interviews will be held (online) the week commencing 14thDecember 2020.
ONE is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role