Pensions, Tax & Benefits
Public Service Pensions
Since October 2015 all Defence Forces pensions from the Department of Defence are paid by the Payroll Shared Service Centre (PSSC).
- The PSSC is responsible for processing monthly pensions and for making all statutory and voluntary deductions.
The Citizens Information Board is the statutory body which supports the provision of information, advice and advocacy on a broad range of public and social services. It provides the Citizens Information website, citizensinformation.ie, and supports the voluntary network of Citizens Information Centres and the Citizens Information Phone Service – 0761 07 4000.
- It also funds and supports the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) 0761 07 2000 and the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities.
- Citizensinformation.ie provides comprehensive information on public services and on the entitlements of citizens in Ireland. We gather information from various government departments and agencies, and make sure that you have all the information you need, presented in an easy-to-understand way.
- The site has been specially designed around the needs of users for those times in life when you need information about your rights and how to apply for State services in Ireland.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, you can find comprehensive integrated information online at citizensinformation.ie/covid19/ and you can get daily updates on what’s changed on Twitter at @citizensinfo. You can also get information and advice from:
- The Citizens Information Phone Service: Call 0761 07 4000, Monday to Friday, 9am – 8pm
- Our national call back service:Visit ie/callback to request a phone call from an information officer
You can contact Citizens Information by post or telephone at:
Citizens Information Board
George’s Quay House
43 Townsend St.