Training Day with Mens Aid Ireland
In conjunction with Men’s Aid Ireland and ONE, a training day will be held online for ONE Members’ and invited participants on the subject of ‘Domestic Violence and The Male Victim’.
1 in 7 men in Ireland will experience some form of domestic abuse within their lifetime however this figure is under-reported. (Watson & Parsons 2005)
Men’s Aid is working towards the day when the needs of all victims of domestic abuse are supported
The training will be held online via Zoom on Tuesday 21st September 2021, from 9.30 am until 1.15 pm.
- A knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse and the effects on men and their families.
- How to recognise when a person is experiencing domestic violence and coercive control – Red flags
- How to respond and support a man who reveals domestic violence
- Recognise the emotional and physical effects of domestic violence, and why some men stay.
- An understanding of societies perception of Male victims of domestic violence and the dangers this incurs.
- The importance of referring to professional domestic violence services.
- Understanding the difference between Male and female perpetrators of domestic violence.
Students will have a broader knowledge of male victims of domestic violence and the impact on their family and the wider community. They will understand how to support and help a male victim if he reports domestic violence and coercive control. They will know the signs of domestic violence within their working and home environment and the specialised supports available. Students will know the importance of believing a man reporting domestic abuse and the impact their response will have on the victim.
Men’s Aid Ireland are a registered charity offering support to men and their loved ones experiencing domestic abuse
CALL: 01 554 3811 FOR SUPPORT or visit www.mensaid.ie
Topic: Men’s Aid Training
Time: Sep 21, 2021 09:30 AM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 963 1231 0978