Job – Veterans Support Officer
Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann (ONE) – Veterans Support Officer
Description of Role:
To provide a critical service in our Veteran Homes and Veteran Support Centres to veterans experiencing difficulties. Many come to ONE with depression, disabilities, PTSD, or having suffered family breakdowns, with little support to call on.
This role is completely client-focused consistently seeking the best outcome for those we work for.
The Veterans Support Officer based out of ONE’s Cork City Veteran Support Centre reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To implement the case management system and engage in one-to-one work with a specific allocated case load, from referral stage to disengagement. This includes assessment, developing and implementing a comprehensive support plan, updating the ONE system, advocating on behalf of the veteran, arranging meetings, linking the veteran in to appropriate services, assisting each veteran in finding a long-term home.
- To engage with and build professional trusting relationships with individual veterans and families, treating them with dignity and respect, and working within the values of Óglaigh Náisiúnta na hÉireann.
- To liaise with and advocate on behalf of veterans to a broad range of external service providers in addition to internal services.
- To work effectively as part of a team and be open to reasonable requests from the Chief Executive Officer to ensure effective working relationships and responses to veterans.
- To observe all Health and Safety policies of the organisation and to be involved in continual quality improvement.
- To provide for the development of Training and Education in this area.
- There will be ongoing evaluation of supervision and clinical practice to ensure a quality and effective service.
- Work effectively and confidently with challenging Service Users’ processes.
Applicants should send their CV (2 pages max) & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Human Resources Dept., Óglaigh Náisiúnta Na hÉireann, Brú na bhFiann, Smithfield Market, North King Street, Dublin 7, Ireland.
The closing date for applications will be 31 January 2023 and interviews will be held the week commencing 27 February 2023.
**Full Job Specifications can be viewed here **
ONE is an equal opportunities employer and Garda Vetting will apply to this role